How Contested Divorce Works
A contested divorce is when one or both spouses dispute some aspect of
their divorce, such as
child support, and
spousal support. Divorce proceedings take much longer to complete and often involve increased
legal fees and greater stress.
The following are the numerous steps spouses take before a contested divorce
- Prepare, file, and serve the divorce petition
- Respond to the petition
- Interview and hire a divorce lawyer
- The discovery process
- Pre-trial motions and hearings
- Settlement proposals and negotiations between both parties and their attorneys
- If a settlement is not reached, prepare for trial
- Complete a court trial
Ready to Begin Your Case Today
Our Granite Bay divorce attorneys genuinely care about your best interests,
as well as your family’s future. Since we are recognized legal experts
in family law and divorce mediation, we understand what it takes to make
this process as quick and painless as possible to help you start a fresh
new chapter in life.
Call (916) 634-0067 to request a confidential consultation.