About Sandra R. Myers, Esq.
Trusted Board Certified Family Law Attorney
With over 25 years of experience in the area of family law, Attorney Sandra
R. Myers has been recognized many times over for both her compassionate
counsel and her skill in navigating complex high-conflict divorce cases.
Born and raised in California, Ms. Myers received her Bachelor of Arts
degree in Social Ecology at the University of California, Irvine, after
which she decided to pursue a legal career.
Obtaining her Juris Doctorate from the University of the Pacific –
McGeorge School of Law in 1993, Ms. Myers then co-founded Myers Family
Law with the goal of focusing her practice exclusively on family law.
In addition to membership in the California Bar, she is currently admitted
to practice before the Federal District Court. A practiced mediator, she
has also served as a Judge Pro Tem in family law for the Superior Court
of California, in both Placer County and Sacramento County.
Ms. Myers also has the unique distinction of being a Board Certified Family
Law Specialist through the California State Bar’s Board of Legal
Specialization, which she first earned in 2007. In order to become board
certified in a given practice area, an attorney must have at least 5 years
of related legal experience and undergo regular, rigorous examinations.
They must also have completed over 30 related cases, received positive
peer recommendations from other attorneys, and fulfilled at least 45 hours
of continuing legal education in their area of expertise.
As a Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Ms. Myers can truly –
and legally – be called an “expert” in California family
law, setting her apart from other attorneys with similar backgrounds.
Specializing in high-conflict divorce, marital dissolution, and child
custody matters, Ms. Myers also brings a wealth of experience working
with litigants who have personality disorders.
Ready to speak with Attorney Sandra Myers about your case? For experienced
family law representation, contact Myers Family Lawtoday!
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Ecology at University of California, Irvine in 1989
- Juris Doctorate from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1993
- State practitioner for over 25 years in the area of family law
- Co-founded Myers Family Law in 1997 and limits her practice exclusively
to family law issues
- Certified by the State Bar of California as a Family Law Specialist since 2007
- Previously served as Judge Pro Tem in family law for the Superior Court
of California for the County of Sacramento, and the County of Placer
- Practiced Mediator in family law
- Member of the State Bar of California and its Family Law Section (1993)
- Member of Placer County Bar Associations
- Member of Family Law Section of Placer County Bar Association
- Chair of Placer County Family Law Executive Committee
- Past adjunct professor of Business Law at Chapman University
- Past Pro bono attorney at Volunteer Legal Summer Program
- Member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)